Illustrated History of High-End Audio
Volume One: LOUDSPEAKERS
Edited by Robert Harley
Finally! The definitive behind-the-scenes history of the high-end audio industry!
We take you on an exclusive tour of the birth of the high end’s most iconic loudspeaker companies and their products. Packed with fascinating detail—including many never-before-revealed stories and photos.
This 320-page deluxe hardbound book is nearly the size of an LP cover and is richly illustrated with rare archival photos of the company founders, their workshops, and early products. In addition to in-depth profiles of major manufacturers, we’ve included shorter pieces on many other companies that helped shape the high-end industry, as well as new TAS commentary on the most influential loudspeakers of each era. And to make the book truly definitive, we’ve added a series of features on landmark technological developments, trends, and the overall history of high-end loudspeakers.
This riveting book includes:
- The most significant loudspeaker designs of the last five decades
- Profiles of 44 of the high-end's most influential loudspeaker manufacturers
- Exclusive new interviews with the founding fathers of the high-end loudspeaker industry
- Never-before-seen archival photos, many from the founders’ personal photo collections
- Richly illustrated timelines and commentary on landmark speakers and technologies
- Lavish photos of the most beautiful, state-of-the-art loudspeakers
- Classic and new TAS insights on the world’s most iconic loudspeakers
- And much, much more!
“This epic book is a 'must-have' for all audio enthusiasts.” Robert Harley